Laboratory Chemicals Industry Newsletters Vol 2
Color-Coded MC-Media Pads for Convenient Microbial Testing
The MC-Media Pad® is designed for convenient and rapid routine testing of microbial contaminations in your food and beverage products. The pads are coated with a growth medium and chromogenic substrates for specific detection allowing faster results and improved readout.
When the sample is applied, the liquid spreads evenly on the pad by capillary action. The transparent cover film can be easily opened and closed with one hand, and the colour coding ensures that you can always pick the right one at a glance.
The MC-Media Pad® complies with international standards (AOAC, ISO 16140, MicroVal®) and is quality controlled with strain selection according to ISO 11133.
Features and Benefits:
- Save space in your fridge and incubator.
- Go green & gain: reduce your environmental impact.
- Improve your inventory management with a shelf-life of up to 36 months.
- Comply with regulations.
- No spreading device is required.
- Simplify your workflow.
The MC-Media Pad® portfolio offers a broad range of products for the main applications in the food and beverage industry.
Yomi Adetunji - Quality Control Manager, NigerBev Limited.
Q. Please tell us about Nigerbev?
Ans. NigerBev is a manufacturing company that produces alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages such as whiskey, gin, vodka, cream etc. under the Best brand.
Q. How would you describe NigerBev’s business relationship with Cormart?
Ans. We’ve had such a great business relationship so far. There’s never been a time we’ve had issues working with Cormart. Although, we’ve had to make a couple of clarifications during our business relationship. I must say, I applaud their reliable and prompt customer service.
Q. How do you ensure products meet the required quality expectation?
Ans. We place a premium on quality. Sales representatives from Cormart are fully aware of our eagle-eye standard for quality. We test all purchased chemicals in our lab. We obtain a certification of analysis where we check some crucial parameters critical to that chemical. We also subject some to public evaluation to ascertain that the results obtained concur with the declaration on the certificate of analysis.
Q. Please tell us a little about your selection criteria before partnering with vendors.
Ans. We look out for vendors with quality system management, and check recommendations from other companies they supply to and the attestations they’ve given to those products. We look out for prompt and reliable customer service. We also look out for supplier audits to see how things get done to ascertain we are getting the right quality.
Q. What other areas of partnership do you hope to explore with Cormart?
Ans. Cormart’s business portfolio spans across different industries and spreads out to meet various market needs. We are always searching for prospective partnerships, and we hope for one with Cormart in the future.
Product Spotlight: MVP ICON®
System for ATP Hygiene Monitoring & Management
The Spectroquant® Move 100 is all that is needed for rapid, reliable water analysis when working on site. Its small, portable colourimeter covers every important parameter of drinking and wastewater analysis.
- A single instrument can be used for all key parameters in disinfection control.
- For disinfection control in drinking water & beverage production.
- Pre-programmed for over 100 parameters.
- It transmits data to a printer or PC.
- Convenient: Easily analyze drinking and waste water with one instrument that’s pre-programmed for over 100 parameters.
- Comprehensive: Always obtain accurate results using a wide choice of measuring ranges to suit your needs.
- Robust: Usable even in wet or dusty environment thanks to IP 68 classification.
- Reliable: Secure your results using simplified Analytical Quality Assurance and enhanced documentation.
Technical Advice & Tips:
Performing Analyses using the MQuant® Compact Laboratory for Water Testing
The MQuant® Compact Laboratory for Water Testing contains all the reagents and auxiliaries necessary for the determination of the parameters of most relevance in connection with the assessment of the quality of water bodies.
The tests are based on colourimetric and titrimetric methods.
- Before use, the test tubes should be rinsed several times with water.
- If the concentration of the substance is above the respective measuring range, then the water sample must be diluted with distilled or deionized water before the analysis.
- The dropping bottles should be held vertically while adding the reagents. The drops must be added slowly (approx. 1 drop per second).
- The micro-spoons integrated into the screw caps of the reagent bottles must be used only for withdrawing and adding the respective reagents.
While filling the titration pipettes, care must be taken that no air enters the dropping tube.
- The scales on the titration pipettes are specific to the respective parameters. Do not confuse the titration pipettes.
- If the titration pipette is filled more than once, higher values than 1 pipette filling can be measured.
- For the colourimetric tests, in addition to the detailed instructions for use, brief illustrated versions are provided on the respective colour cards.